When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was very lucky and felt amazing from the beginning to birth, I enjoyed the experience so much. It was a fascinating time, how my body changed and my skin was amazing, my hair was thick and shiny. I was almost a bit obsessed with documenting. I couldn't wait for my belly to show and I told tons and tons of photos (which unfortunately almost all but a few got erased by accident by my husband. You can imagine how sad I was (still when I think about it) Like most new parents, we had hardly any sleep after the birth, printing photos was the last thing on our mind. Don't make the same mistake I did, please make sure to print out your favourite photos, even from your Iphone! We simply can't rely on digital only. That's also why I decided to focus on creating actual physical print work for my clients.
So now you have decided to invest into a session, to remember this glorious time of your life, here are some tips on how to prepare for your maternity session.
HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR PREGNANCY GLOW
- Moisturize that belly!
- Bring along a few props: the ultrasound printout of your baby, perhaps flowers that are in season, or baby shoes.
- Wear something that you feel comfortable and pretty in – long, flowy skirts, stick with solids are best, and strapless bras that coordinate with them. Tube dresses are great for showing off your shape. Bring a pair of regular jeans, not the belly panel ones. A button-up shirt also makes it easy to transition into showing your belly. Lacy dresses are very flattering and elegant.
- Accessories like a lovely necklace, earrings are great to bring along to go with your outfits.
- If you’re doing semi-nude/implied nude photos, bras and underwear will create noticeable lines on your skin, so wear loose-fitting clothing to the shoot. You can add undergarments as necessary for photos later in the shoot.
- Do bring your significant other! They are part of the story and greatly expand on the number of different photos you can make during your shoot. They should bring outfits that coordinate with what you’ll be wearing, or a dark long-sleeved shirt or sweater and dark pants. The focus should always be on you, your expressions, your emotions, your personality, your joy and your connection with the life that is growing inside of you.
- Bring the big sister/brother. These images are priceless.
- Get your makeup, hair and nails done will ensure your session to be a success.
Pregnancy is a miraculous time of a woman life, it is so worth to to remember this time.
Book your maternity session early enough to make sure the session falls between 26 to 32 weeks. Usually expecting moms are more mobile and still feeling fresh. Also many women experience water retention near the end of their pregnancy. Please don't wait until the last month to do the session.
Book your own maternity now and capture this very special of your life.
Since you are getting prepare for your baby, have you find the perfect carrier?
My favourite carrier when my DD was a baby is Ergobaby. We have tried many and Ergo is my go to carrier. All my mom-friends love this one too. So I can highly recommend this. Choose one product from each of the Baby Carrier, Infant Insert, Teething Pad, Nursing Pillow and Swaddler categories below, and watch your special 25% Off price appear! Once you've chosen your perfect bundle, click the Checkout button to complete your purchase.Use this link here.