Hi! It’s Carmen again! Here are a few more things to keep in mind on your headshot day.
1. Take two or three changes of clothing so you can experiment with contrasting colours. You only need the top half of the outfit for “head and shoulder” type headshots.
2. Make sure all the outfits are nicely pressed, lint & wrinkle-free. And be sure to transport them in a garment bag instead of folded up in a suitcase.
3. Tell your photographer before you arrive what image you are trying to convey. What type of business are you in? What is your corporate or business culture? Look at other photos of those in your company for samples to compare. If you are “not” a corporate type, let the photographer know what type of look you want to portray.
4. Dark clothes are less distracting and put the focus on your face and eyes.
5. Gentlemen, if you have a beard, shave or trim in the morning.
6. Gentlemen, bring additional clothing if you’d like to add a “casual” look. Some people take off their suit jacket and do more casual photos in just a shirt and tie. However, a more casual button down or golf shirt are also good options for a more casual look.
7. Ladies, be sure to bring along the correct undergarment to go with your outfits. When in doubt, bring seamless (not lace) nude colour bra.
There’s only one more tip left in this series. I hope you’ve been enjoying these tips and are finding them helpful! As always, feel free to respond to this post with feedback or questions.